Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My CV

Hey bloggers!

Today I want to share with you my CV project, as we did in class a task consisting on represent your CV (or in my case how I wanted to be my CV in the future) in a graphical way.


Style and colors chosen:
As I had previously looked for other CVs graphically depicted on Google, I did realized that the more easier and clarified the information was, the more understandable was the CV. So, I've chosen blue colors (light blue for the background and navy blue for stressing on some titles and graphics) because they look very serious and professional and there are also very quiet colors that don't look too loud. I also complement the CV with white, as I think it complements very much the blues in this task of making the CV look professional. In the end, I picked up orange for the title in which there is my name and for cheering up the CV, because if not it could look too boring. Orange is a color which transmits positivism and energy and I think that this two adjectives suit my personality, so I would like to transmit it too in my CV!

Distribution:
I organized my CV in: Education and Training, Work Experience, Languages, Interests, Skills, Desired Employment and Contact Me. 
I though that locating the Contact Me on the upper part was essential so the interested people who could possibly hire me, had no troubles in finding my email, mobile phone or so. I also like the idea of attempting to do a time-line with my education. I don't know if this aim is clearly fulfilled and it looks like this in the graphic, but this was the initial purpose! As I don't have work experience I tried to make how I'd like my CV to be like in the future. So I though that it could be easier for the reader to identify the places in which I "have" worked if there were if a map. As for the Desired Employment (in which title now I've seen there's a spelling error!), I though that it would be more clear if I organized the fields in which a journalist can work in a wheel. 

Errors:
Looking at it again, I'm not very happy of how the Interests part looks. I think the "comic style" of this smiling face doesn't really suit the other part of the graphic. When I did it I was thinking in how to depict my interests and I though it would be interesting to represent it in a human brain, but as I didn't know how to draw a brain I drew this possibly in a more "childish" style. I also don't like the right-bottom part, the Skills one, because I think that the last rectangle looks like floating there for no reason at all. I should have though in how to organize this in a more effective way.

I want to know your opinion about it! So please leave a comment below and tell me what I can change in order to make this infographic better!

Thank you for reading,
Sara.

4 comments:

  1. hi sara, I think that your CV is a very good example of how to explain graphically your skills, because you have hierarchized the information in a very well structured story.

    I think also that this nice CV can help you in front of the situation of looking for job, because the one who will face your Cv in order to hire you, will see that the person that did it is a very organized persona that has clear thoughts and knows how to work in an efficient way.
    So, good job, I think you did a great infographic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Begoña for your compliments! That was what I intended to :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara! I really find efficient your CV, it's so nice to look at it. Maybe as you said the "comic style" is not the best option for some kind of jobs but in my personal opinion it gives a funny view that I like. The colors are also well choosen and the information is detailed and clear. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Anna! Yes, as I said, I'm not quite sure about it, but I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete

Leave your comments here!