Sunday, December 15, 2013

EU unemployment graphic

Hey bloggers!

Today I want to share with you another infographic I made at class with InDesign. This one is about the unemployment at the European Union.


Style (colors and fonts):
I've chosen this colors because I wanted to make it look serious enough as the information comes from an official source (the EUROSTAT). I also wanted to play with the blueish tonalities of the European Union flag, so that's why the titles and the background are in this tonality. As for the map I wanted to depict the countries in two groups: the green ones (that have a good unemployment situation) and the red ones (that have a bad unemployment situation). This two divisions follow if they are under the average EU unemployment ratio or if they are over this ratio.

As for the fonts, I though that having chosen a rather serious colors I had to pick up a eye-catching font for the title in order to avoid the reader being bored at a first glance of my graphic.The explanation text are in a more serious and simpler font because I believed that the important thing of the explanations was the information, the data they were giving and so I didn't want to distract the reader with a funny or more complex font.

Organization: 
I've divided my work into three sections, each one containing one graphic. I also wanted to make clear the hierarchy by marking the questions which entitle each sections with big blue circles or with a lateral band.


Goal: 
I think this infographic results quite familiar, because all the graphics are commonly understandable and easy to recognize. So I think that it could aim to an adult audience who is interested in economics, politics and the European Union. I guess it could be publishable on a website, together with an article explaining how the economic crisis has affected the EU.

I'd like to hear your comments on my graphic, because I think that there are some points that can still be improved. I'm not very glad of the bottom graphic, I think it looks very plain and simple compared with the others. What would you do about it?

Sara.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I think that your infographic is very good! It is clear and understandable! And the combination of the red and this green is fantastic because separates contents. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! thank you for the compliments Enric, I'm glad you like my infographic!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!