Saturday, December 14, 2013

Art heists infographic

Hey bloggers!

Today I want to share with you my art heists infographic. The goal was doing a graphic which explained a sequence of chronological events, in this case the art robbery in the Isabella Gardner's Museum at Boston in 1990. Thus, the information should be explained the more graphically possible in order to make the reader get the process the thieves followed to perpetrate this heist.


Structure:
So, I thought it would be interesting to depict this sequence of events through a footsteps path in order to follow one of the main principles of graphic desginers,which is to direct the eyes. 

Style: 
I did a little bit of research on another information graphics related with crimes and also art in order to get inspiration.
I got to the conclusion that a sober backgournd was the most suitable for this topic. I also wanted to look for a sort of "detective", "investigation" style, that's why I placed the target icon in front of the museum's image and also why I did a kind of radar location of the robbery place.

Errors:
The bottom part is the one of which I'm less convinced about, because I think that the bar chart doesn't really fit the other styles in the graphic- Perhaps I should have unified this a little bit more. I also know that I failed in the organization and the hierarchy of the graphic, because, although the initial idea of the footsteps path was good I didn't made it work in a such efficient way :(

I'd like to hear what you think from this graphic, because I think the initial idea was not bad, but I'm aware that there's a lot to improve! Help me with your feedback!

Sara.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there Sara! I really like your graphic because the sequence of the events is clearly distributed and the information is easy to understand. I think that you combined perfectly or almost perfectly the images, draws and silhouettes because the whole work looks nice aesthetically, that is also because the colors you've used are very appropriate for the topic you talk about. To sum up, Very nice work Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alex! That's was what I intended to with this graphic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!